martes, 2 de febrero de 2016

TOP 10 TUESDAY (#1): BOOKS I WANT TO REREAD


*Top 10 Tuesday was created by the blog Broke and Bookish, if you want to see all the topics, past and future, you can go here.

Soooo... I dind't do the one that I was suppossed to do this week, because I didn't know what to say about that topic, honestly, but I hope it's ok... This one is from there too... And I was going to do talk about the books I want to reread sometime soon, anyway, so everything worked just fine.





10. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare 




It's been a long time... When I was a teen I LOVED this book and it's one of the firsts books that I reread, probably.

I thought it was the best love story ever, so passionate, so doomed, so filled with Leonardo DiCaprio being beautiful... Sorry... Leonardo DiCaprio was most likely not in the book...

That's why I want to reread it again, being older, but quite possibly not wiser. Maybe now I find the characters more stupid than before, like... Romeo, Juliet, my lovelys, just wait until you're older and get the hell away from your families. Or maybe I will feel like I'm thirteen again. Who knows?



9. Complete Shorter Fiction by Oscar Wilde




It's the first thing I read by Oscar Wilde, and I knew in that moment that it wouldn't be the last.

I remember being in the subway, crying a little bit reading one of the stories and feeling really embarrassed, frankly. I don't cry with books, for some reason. I see myself as a very sensitive person, I cry for almost everything. I even cry with cheesy comercials, for God's sake. But not with books. Weird.

So I'm hoping this book will open my tear ducts one more time and if it isn't in the subway again, even better. Because that it's just not fun.

ADD to Goodreads


8. The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks & How to Survive a Horror Movie by Seth Grahame-Smith




I've put these two together because they are kind of the same thing. How to survive zombies, monsters and other baddies.

They're easy, quick, silly fun reads. For now, I hope... Oh, dear Lord! What if they are real guides to survival? You never know with these things, you know...? You never know!!!!

So if the Apocalypse is near, you betcha I'm gonna be ready and prepared as hell. I'm not crazy... Just proactive. And a freak, obviously, but let's not talk about that.

ADD to Goodreads

ADD to Goodreads


7. How to Talk to a Widower by Jonathan Tropper




This book is one I bought by chance. I was in a really cheap bookstore in my city and I saw it, I didn't know anything about it, but it was like 3€ and the synopsis looked ok. Now is one of my favorite books of all time.

It reads like a movie and the characters are great, I felt for every single one of them, but mainly the main character, Doug Parker, to whom I could relate to a lot. I mean, I'm not a 29 year old guy who happens to be a widower, but who cares? We all have the same feelings one way or another.

I have reread it a couple times now, and everytime I love it. I'm sure the next time it will be the same. Feelings, laughs, more feelings and a great experience overall.

ADD to Goodreads


6. John Green Books: The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska & Paper Towns




John Green is great and I would buy anything he writes, even if it's his groceries list. So, there's that.

I have yet to read An Abundance of Katherines and his collaborative books, but I will at some point.

I also have the movie adaptations of The Fault in Our Stars and Paper Towns, which I have not watched. Ups. I promise I will. Soonish.

So whenever I feel like crying my eyes out I will reread the books or watch the movies. I don't need my heart anyway.

ADD to goodreads

ADD to goodreads

ADD to goodreads


5. Gone Series by Michael Grant & Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver




It looks like we have a tie here, because I didn't know what to choose. Sue me.

The Gone Series is really weird, and fun and full of evil little shits and cool mutant dudes and dudettes and a bunch of WTF moments. 

That's cool and all but it also means that I can't remember all of it that well and I want to.

The Delirium Trilogy has an interesting starting point: love is considered a sickness (don't we all think that?) and free love is a crime. Cool.

Some people say that these books are a little bit too slow, I really don't care one way or another. The writting was beautiful and I was invested in the story, so I want to live in this world (not literally, this world sucks) again.




4. Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman




This world is not nice at all, some of the people are creepy as f*ck and do creepy as f*ck things. Like dismembering kids or pulling their eyes out, because some grown-ass person thinks their brown eyes are boring and needs the "bright with hope" blue eyes of a poor teen. No, just no.

I know teenagers can be annoying, but come on, that's a bit too much. All of you crazy people, chill the hell out!

The book has an exciting premise, obviously, and the author delivers in every book. I think I need to read them again. I really do. I'm sadistic if I enjoy this much a book about taking apart teens? Nah.



3. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins




"If we burn you burn with us." I need to read this kind of quotes again. And feel emotional and angry and excited and with the strength and inspiration to create my own revolution.

I want to be Katniss Everdeen when I grow up, or when I get younger, rather; because she is a great role model, she is vulnerable but strong, loving but distant and compassionate but capable of doing what must be done. She's like a real person or something.

May the odds be ever in my favor when I reread these books, because I feel is going to be quite a ride one more time.



2. The Lunar Chronicles Series by Marissa Meyer




I haven't even finished the series yet and I want to read all of them again. Obsessive? I think not.

I ADORE this world and all the characters. Yes, even Queen Levana, she's a lunatic (hehe) evil bitch and I love her for that.

I want to be a part of this group of friends sooo badly. I think they would take me, I mean, it's a very diverse group of people: a cyborg, a wolf monster man, a sexysexysexy captain-thief, a cray-cray princess... The only thing they don't have is a crazy fangirl (if I don't count Iko, and I'm not gonna do it). That could be me, right? RIGHT?

ADD to goodreads


1. Goosebumps Collection by R.L. Stine





Ohhh... Nostalgia... What a sweet thing you are... (Sigh) The books that started it all. My love for books and for horror stuff.

I've been rereading some of them and I don't feel exactly like I used to, but oh, the memories. It's like being eleven again, but without being that (just a smidgen) awkward.

I want to, ney, I NEED to have the whole collection like right now. Pretty please?

ADD to goodreads






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...