jueves, 4 de febrero de 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAYS (#1): BIGGEST BADASSES


*Top 5 Wednesday was created by a booktuber named Laney. If you want to participate, you can join the Goodreads Group to be updated on the topics for each week.

I may have done some cheating in this one... Ups. But I'm a terribly indecisive person!!! I'm sorry, ok?? I mean... There's 5... Books, not characters... But there's 5 of something... Right?

(It may be kind of spoilery)





5. Diana Ladris & Lana Arwen Lazar from the Gone Series by Michael Grant



Source: annaoi / princessdianaofthefayz

 "We're sitting in the dark, willing to sell our souls for another peppermint, with enough uranium to give a terrorist a wet dream." - Diana
"Lesson number one, you filthy, ugly, nasty, mangy animal: Never trust a human." - Lana Arwen

Why?


Diana is a mean bitch, we all know that, but she's a charismatic mean bitch that I love. What can I say? She's just fun.

She doesn't takes crap from anyone, she speaks her mind, she can be compassive and she doesn't get scared easily, not even from Drake.

And also she gives birth to Gaia, the Darkness. So, yeah.

Lana Arwen is badass because... Well, for starters her name is LANA ARWEN. That should be enough reason, honestly.

When she is in a really bad car accident and everything changes, she has the power to heal herself and then to heal others and that's neat.

And she lives alone in the hotel because she's too cool for school. Really, she's just a cool gal in general. And has a cute dog. I like cute dogs.


4. Connor Lassiter from the Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman


Source: just-one-more-freak

"I don't know what happens to our consciousness when we're unwound, I don't even know when that consciousness starts.  But I do know this. We have a right to our lives!" - Connor

Why?


Because he is the freaking Akron AWOL, that's why.

He survives, again and again and again and, with the help of his friends, he achieves something that looked impossible: the end of the unwinding of teenagers once and for all.

I think that is pretty badass, if you ask me. By the way, nice socks.


3. Linh Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles Series by Marissa Meyer


Source: lostie815

"I'm sure I'll feel much more grateful when I find a guy who thinks complex wiring in a girl is a turn-on." - Cinder

Why?


She is a CYBORG, a f*cking CYBORG!!!! That's it. Ok, no, there's more things.

She's a mechanic, she can fix almost anything, she's a natural born leader, she's sarcastic and smart, she's brave, tenacious, warm-hearted and cares a lot about people, even if she doesn't know them. And she also is best friends with Iko, who is, probably, one of the funniest characters I have read about.

Oh! I almost forgot... Cinder is actually Princess freaking Selene, the heir and true ruler of Luna. Yall can kiss her metal foot now! Suck it, Levana!


2. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins


Source: len-yan

"If he wants me broken, then I will have to be whole." - Katniss

Why?


Katniss is an icon, not only in the books as the Mockingjay, but in real life. She's an icon of revolution and change, of fighting for what you think it's right. If that is not badass, I don't know what is.

She wins the hearts and support of people just being herself, someone who would sacrifice everything for the ones she loves, for the destiny of her people, even risking her life.

And she won The Hunger Games and has a bow that shoots regular, explosive, and incendiary arrows. Yeah.


1. Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen & Arya Stark from The Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R. R. Martin


Source: jakemurray / vtas / ninjakuma

"My brother is undoubtedly arrogant. My father is the soul of avarice, and my sweet sister Cersei lusts for power with every waking breath. I, however, am innocent as a little lamb. Shall I bleat for you?" - Tyrion
"A dragon is no slave." - Daenerys
"Ser Gregor, Dunsen, Raff the Sweetling, Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, Queen Cersei. Valar morghulis."


Why?


Tyrion, the one and only God of tits and wine.

He's fun, really intelligent and, honestly, sexy. Who cares about his "not typical" beauty, his personality is just really sexy, you know?

He's one of the best characters on The Song of Ice and Fire Series, and in history, probably.

Daenerys Targaryen. Daenerys Stormborn. Dany. Mother of Dragons. The Unburnt. Mhysa. Our beautiful Khaleesi.

She's stunning, amazing, marvelous, charming, fascinating... Do you need more synonims? No..? Ok... Radiant, gorgeous, splendid, wonderful... That's enough. For now...

And she has three f*cking dragons. Three. F*cking. Dragons. And violet eyes.

And lastly, Arya, the small, cute, tomboyish, brave, curious and surprising little girl with a big spirit.

How can a kid be so resourceful, such a fighter, so adventurous, so dauntless with just a little "needle"?

And how can she have so much memory? I mean, how many people you want to kill can you remember? Just a couple? That's just fine.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...