martes, 16 de febrero de 2016

WRAP-UP (#1): JANUARY 2016


Late. So late. Too many things to write. Too many posts to post. I was even going to do a TBR for February, but... It's just soooo freaking late. I'm not gonna.

I read four books this month, kind ofish...

It's an ok number for me but I know some people reads like twenty-something (or two hundred or whatever the hell) books a month, which sometimes makes me feel like a failure and an illiterate pig, but I have I life, you know?

I have things to do, like... whatching a bunch of tv shows... and booktube videos... and stuff...

(Spoilers may be ahead, consider yourself warned.)





1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus vol. 4 by Andi Watson, Christopher Golden, Dan Brereton


"All killing and no kissing makes Buffy a sad slayer."


Series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus #4

Genres: Graphic Novel, Paranormal, Fantasy, Young Adult, Horror, Supernatural...


★★★★☆

Is it the best graphic novel out there? Nop. Do I read a lot of graphic novels to know that? Nop. Do I sometimes find it difficult to enjoy graphic novels as much as regular novels because I'm not used to it? Yep. But it's Buffy and that's enough for me.

Buffy Omnibus vol.4 (like all Buffy Omnibus) it's a compilation of different comic books and authors (this one based around the 3rd season), so some of the artwork and stories are better than others.

Honestly, the 8th, 9th and 10th seasons graphic novels are better, mainly because Joss Whedon is involved in them, the characters there feel more like themselves than in the these ones, but they are pretty good, nonetheless.

Besides, this subsides my Buffy cravings, so it's cool.

ADD to Goodreads



2. A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold by George R.R. Martin


"In King’s Landing, there are two sorts of people. The players and the pieces."




Series: A Song of Ice and Fire #3 (Part 2)

Genres: Fantasy, Adult, Adventure...




★★★★★

So... I started this book in December 2015, so I didn't exactly read it all the way this month... But if Goodreads counts it for this month so will I. I don't wanna get in trouble with Goodreads.

Happens soooo much stuff in this book, too much for my poor little desperate soul. I watched the tv show before reading the book so I knew what was coming (winter? lol? not lol?), but that didn't lessen the wreckage that were my emotions.

I love you, George R.R. Martin, but I hate you with the burning passion of a thousand suns. But I love you, you cruel motherfuc...

ADD to Goodreads

FOR FULL REVIEW CLICK HERE



3. Fairest by Marissa Meyer


"Come here, baby sister. I want to show you something.”



Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3.5

Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Science Fiction, Fairy Tale Retelling...



★★★★★

In Fairest we learn a little more about Queen Levana and why she is the way she is. Yes, she is a psycho-evil-uber-bitch, but she is a traumatized psycho-evil-uber-bitch. Poor dear.

Her sister was beautiful,  manipulative (in the lunar meaning and in all the meanings), selfish, egocentric, narcissistic. Let's just say she was a diabolical witch. And her parents weren't the best people either, so she was fucked from the start.

It is a great book that made me understand her a lot better and have more sympathy for her, even if she is awful and vicious. I mean, in the end all she wants is to be loved. Well... And be powerful. And the most beautiful lunar ever. And kill Winter and Cinder and basically everyone that doesn't agree with her... But mostly... She wants to be loved.

ADD to Goodreads



4. Winter by Marissa Meyer


"She was prettier than a bouquet of roses and crazier than a headless chicken. Fitting in was not an option."



Series: The Lunar Chronicles #4

Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Science Fiction, Fairy Tale Retelling, Romance...



★★★★★

So... I finished this book in the first week of February, but I still put it in January's wrap-up, because... just because.

It was amazing, like all the books in this series. As always the characters and the relationships they have were amazing. The plot was amazing. Everything amazing. Amazing series. AMAZING. I think I'm just going to say amazingamazingamazingamazingamazing until the end of times and that's it.

But now, it's over, well.. not really, right? (Stars Above I need you but I don't want to read you 'cause then it will really be the end. And that's... NO.) But when I read it, it will be over-over and that's sad, and a little bit maddening, frankly, because I want more and more. Like... this series lasting forever and ever?

Don't mind me, I'm just ugly crying like a crazy person because it's the end of an era. Exagerated? Yes. True to my soul? Yes.

ADD to Goodreads




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...