jueves, 7 de abril de 2016

WRAP-UP (#3): MARCH 2016



This month I've read 5 complete books and I've finished an audiobook. Who is this person that is impersonating me? Have I been possessed by someone that reads a fairly good amount of books? Probably.






1. How To Survive a Horror Movie by Seth Grahame Smith


"Some people say "if we split up, we can cover more ground"-with blood"

How To Survive a Horror Movie by Seth Grahame Smith


★★★★☆ 4/5


It's an entertaining little book. It's quick and fun and the illustrations are cool.

It doesn't tell you anything new if you are a horror movie fan but it gives you good tips to survive all the big baddies. Everybody needs that.

Recommended to: People who want to see the end credits.




2. Room by Emma Donoghue


"I've seen the world and I'm tired now."

Room by Emma Donoghue


★★★★☆ 4.25/5


I had a difficult time to get into it at first, mainly because 5 year olds rarely make sense. But when I got used to it, it was fine.

The characters were well drawn out, they felt real. It was an emotional story but not sappy and I really appreciate that. I'm a hard bitch, you know?

Recommended to: People with a heart but not too big.




3. Dracula by Bram Stoker (audiobook)


"Once again...welcome to my house. Come freely. Go safely; and leave something of the happiness you bring."

Dracula by Bram Stoker


★★★☆☆ 3.25/5


For a book that's called Dracula, he's nowhere to be found on 80% of the book. WTF. And besides, I love Francis Ford Coppola's movie and this book is nothing like that. 

I was expecting an epic love story and a sexy Dracula with cool glasses and Gary Oldman's face. I didn't get that, but it was pretty ok. Also, I lost my audiobook virginity, so there's that.

Recommended to: Vampire fans who don't mind if there are almost no vampires in their stories.




4. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas


"My name is Celaena Sardothien. But it makes no difference if my name's Celaena or Lillian or Bitch, because I'd still beat you, no matter what you call me."

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas


★★★★★ 5/5


Celaena Sardothien. Celaena. Sardothien. CELAENA SARDOTHIEN. A main character with a badass name like that tells you rigth away that the book it's gonna be cool. And it was.

The only thing I don't get it's that in the book cover says she has a heart of ice. Yeah... I don't think so... She likes dresses, kinda tolerates some people and I'm pretty sure she squeals at all the puppies. Yes, she kills people as a job... But you do what you gotta do.

Recommended to: Badass people who like badass characters.




5. Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps #1) by R.L. Stine


"Ooh great, we're moving to a place that's totally dead!"

Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps #1) by R.L. Stine


★★★★☆ 4/5


I was a big fan of the Goosebumps series when I was a kid but sometimes, now that I'm an old fart, I think this is not for me anymore. WRONG. My childlike mind likes.

I hadn't read this one before and i have to say it was pretty creppy (for a children's novel), maybe the creepiest one I have read in these series. Ten year old me would have loved it.

Recommended to: Weird kids and adults with Peter Pan syndrome.




6. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins


"There’s something comforting about the sight of strangers safe at home."

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins


★★★★★ 4.75/5


What the fuckidity fuck is this book? Jesus Christ, everybody is just goddamn horrifying...

It's a page turner, especially the last chapters. I went to sleep at 4 am because I couldn't put it down without knowing the ending. Damn you, book! You made me look like a crazy zombie next morning! Damn you, I say!

Recommended to: People who need to feel better about themselves knowing there are people a little more fucked up than them.


FOR FULL REVIEW CLICK HERE





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...