jueves, 5 de mayo de 2016

WRAP-UP (#4): APRIL 2016



Well... That was a fucking epic fail... As I predicted.


I read the first one fairly quickly, I listened to the audiobook whenever I could, but the third one... It took me most part of the month. I don't know... I liked it, but my brain didn't want to cooperate. It was like: "What even is reading?"


Reading slumps are bitches. They don't even care that you're actually enjoying the book. They're just there to fuck with you. And your monthly Wrap-Up.


So... Three books. This month I've read three goddamned books. Cute.


What have you read this month? Did you do better than me? Tell me in the comments below!








1. Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard


"Rise, red as the dawn."

Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard


★★★★★ 5/5


It was really good! It was fast and fun and you cared about the characters.

I like that Mare is no always that nice, she does what she's got to do. If she has to steal from people as poor as her... Whatevs. She has to feed her family. If she has to kill rich people... Whatevs. The cause needs it. Sometimes she feels bad, but just enough to keep going.

The other characters are pretty cool too, even the ones we love to hate. As always I love the villains in the story, they're, at times, even more interesting than the heroes.

Recommended to: 


Fans of dystopian fantasy, kickass girls with superpowers and surprises.




2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (audiobook)


"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (audiobook)


★★★★☆ 4.25/5


It was pretty good but a little bit blah blah blah for my taste, 'cause I'm an "action packed book" kinda girl. But that's not the book's fault, I knew what I was getting into.

The characters ranged between great and "please shut up you annoying piece of shi...". 

My favorites were Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, because obviously; Mrs. Bennett because she was absolutely annoyingly funny and Mr. Bennet because he was reaaally over everything and he just didn't give a single fuck.

Recommended to: 


Fans of slow paced, witty and classic love stories without instalove.




3. Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard


"Strange, my enemies know me best, and my family doesn’t know me at all."

Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard


★★★★★ 4.5/5


This is the one. This is the book that I read for a month. A book with 444 pages in 30 days. Come on...


(SPOILERS  if you haven't read Red Queen)


The book is great, but maybe not as good as the first one. But who knows? Maybe it was even better than Red Queen but my sleepy brain didn't get it.

Anyway... We follow the same characters as the first book plus some new bloods that are added to the mix. 

The revolution it's getting bigger and the new King, sweet as sugar Maven and his lovely mother Queen Elara are going cray cray looking for Reds with powers.

Obviously I want to keep reading this series, because the characters, the story and the world are quite cool. Even if it takes me all my life.

Dear book, it's not you, it's me... We can still be friends, right?

Recommended to: 


Fans of dystopian fantasy, kickass girls with superpowers and surprises. And sequels.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...