jueves, 28 de julio de 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY (#6): MOST UNLIKABLE CHARACTERS





"Great fiction is fueled by bad decisions and human weakness."


 Kristen Lamb








*Top 5 Wednesday was created by two amazing booktubers: Lainey at Ginger Reads Lainey and Samantha at Thoughts on Tomes. If you want to participate, you can join the Goodreads Group to be updated on the topics for each week. Check it out!







1. Mr. Collins and Lydia Bennett






"My dear Miss Elizabeth, I have the highest opinion in the world of
your excellent judgment in all matters within the scope of your
understanding . . ." Mr. Collins

"And we mean to treat you all, but you must lend us the money, for we have just spent ours at the shop out there." Lydia


Book: Pride and Prejudice

Author: Jane Austen


Mr. Collins is one of the most obnoxious characters in history. I can't. And Lydia just needs to shut up and take a seat.



2. Holden Caulfield






"I was surrounded by phonies... They were coming in the goddam window."


Book: The Catcher in the Rye

Author: J.D. Salinger


I really liked the book, but at one point I was like: "Say 'phonies' one more time. I dare you. I double dare you, motherfucker."



3. Bella Swan






"I wrenched the door out of my way — ridiculously eager — and there he was, my personal miracle."


Book: Twilight Series

Author: Stephenie Meyer


Dear Bella, your personality is a mess, your innecessary love triangle is a mess, your CGI kid is a mess (sorry that's the movie)... There's a lotta nope in your life, gurl. 


4. All of the Lord of the Flies Kids






"Kill the pig. Cut her throat. Spill her blood."


Book: Lord of the Flies

Author: William Golding


I think I need to read this book again because everybody seems to love it. I didn't. I found all the kids to be annoying and fustrating and I wanted the pig to eat their faces off so everything could be over.



5. All of The Girl on the Train People






"There’s nothing so painful, so corrosive, as suspicion."


Book: The Girl on the Train

Author: Paula Hawkins


Everybody is so horrible that I don't know where to begin. They're awful people in general but you feel for them. Most of the time.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...