lunes, 12 de junio de 2017

BEST COVERS OF THE MONTH: MAY 2017





"If you cannot judge a book by its cover, surely we should not judge an author by one book alone?" 


E.A. Bucchianeri











May 2017


“She still loves him. This is the fact she wakes up to each morning. She checks it, sometimes, a tongue probing an aching tooth, making sure it still hurts.”






May 2017


"Beware a calm surface—you never know what lies beneath."






May 2017


"I've taken it upon myself to learn more about her. Even in death, why shouldn't I get to know my own wife? I'm unlikely to find a woman to interest me more. I take a trip to the library. It's the first time I've set foot in the place, even though I signed a petition to save it."






May 2017


"First thing you learn wandering the long roads, kid. Everyone thinks they're the hero of their own story."






16 May 2017


"Holding you in my arms right now is like holding a wish. You are magic to me."






16 May 2017


"Even before I recognized him, I smiled politely. Well trained, I would have smiled so at my executioner."






16 May 2017


"She was a diamond in a quarry full of quartz."






16 May 2017


"The world moves twice as fast. Or twice as slow. It’s hard to tell when it feels like you’re watching your own life instead of living it."



  • New Boy (Hogarth Shakespeare) by Tracy Chevalier




16 May 2017


"Now someone new and different had entered the territory, and this made Dee look at the space anew and suddenly find it shabby, and herself an alien in it. Like him."






16 May 2017


"Their days were filled with laughter and small touches, like a cat bumping against a leg to reassure itself that the world was as it should be."






23 May 2017


"Love didn't seem like something that could be organized or contained; it should be messy and emotional, like exploding and imploding with someone at the exact same time."






23 May 2017


"It’s the angle. You can’t see me from where you’re standing."






23 May 2017


"Tourists should have to take a style exam before being allowed to set foot on the island!"






30 May 2017


"My name is Louisa Rose Ditton. I work and live at Coldthistle House, a house for boarders and wanderers. A house owned by the Devil."






30 May 2017


"Our emotions pull us in different directions. The stronger the emotion, the greater the pull. Feelings are not always practical, nor do they make any logical sense. That's just the way it goes."


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...