martes, 11 de julio de 2017

BEST COVERS OF THE MONTH: JUNE 2017 (Part I)




"Books are carnival rides for your imagination." 


Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons










1 June 2017

"An amazing sight, someone you’re infatuated with trying to fish something out of a jeans pocket."






6 June 2017

"After the passage of several years, I find that even now, I can remember where I was that summer, almost hour by hour."



  • Breaking (Burning, #2) by Danielle Rollins




6 June 2017

"The last time I saw those hands, they were wrapped around a tumbler of whiskey in her daddy’s office. Now Devon holds a syringe. Her knees are bent, like she’d crumpled to the ground after it happened."






6 June 2017

"I don’t know how long I sat with my back to the door before I felt a change in the air that caused me to tense up. The tension was close to fear, but not the usual kind of fear. This was a brand-new sensation."






6 June 2017

"I was still new to this kind of adrenaline, the immediate release of anger instead of gnawing on it like overdue gum."






6 June 2017

"I'm worth more than the few coppers you have in your pockets."






6 June 2017

"So maybe home is something that changes as we do, something that expands and contracts with time and loss."






6 June 2017

"What we are looking at right now, you and I, is a very, and I mean very fancy restaurant in Moscow. This is, like, where Vladimir Putin has his lunch, when he’s not bare-chested fishing, bare-chested invading neighboring countries."






6 June 2017

"My words knotted in my throat. 'She is dead, you heartless mummering bastard' – unspoken, but cried out in silence."






9 June 2017

"Considering how everything could have gone if puppet Voldy and Dumbledore and Snape-a-doodle hadn’t shown up when they did, he decided that he did probably owe Millie and her friends his thanks the next time he saw them."






13 June 2017

"A single revelation does not change a life. It is a start."






13 June 2017

"Rotten fish stench grabs Amiga's nostrils, shoving its way in beside the almighty reek of sweaty bodies and filthy walls. Talk about uninvited visitors."



  • Want (Want #1) by Cindy Pon




13 June 2017

"'I took a leap of faith', she said to me. It was my turn to jump."






13 June 2017

"A bad fairy tale has some simple goddamn moral. A great fairy tale tells the truth."






13 June 2017

"No matter where you are raised or what name you are given, you will endure. You will swim, you will dance, and you will love without fear."






13 June 2017

"Maybe tomorrow. Maybe then I’ll be able to steal a glimpse of the world beyond these walls."


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...